- Prepare basic components of each dish on our menu or daily specials using our menu recipes or chef’s instructions (e.g. chopping vegetables, cutting meat\fish and preparing sauces).
- Prepare items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Know and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health code and safety standards.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Stock inventory and supplies.
- Cook menu items, with the support of the kitchen staff, in a timely manner so as to meet our customer satisfaction standards.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Work with a team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old products based on a schedule created by the restaurant.
- Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty
- Great people skills with a friendly attitude
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Sensitivity to Food Allergies/Intolerances
- Teamwork, communicative, attentive
- Motivated, energetic, stress tolerance
- Multi tasking, high awareness and attention to details
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
*****In compliance with NYC’s Executive Order 225, beginning Wednesday, September 1st all of our locations will require proof of vaccination for indoor dining*****
Westville provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Thank you for your application. We will get back to you if we have any further questions.View the job opportunities list