- Ensure guests receive excellent customer service
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge – be familiar with the entire staff, property, menus, policies, procedures and updates
- Answer questions regarding the menu or specials and coordinate between FOH to BOH
- Monitor from end presentation and ensure that restaurant service and quality standards are constantly met
- Monitor employee attendance – presence, punctuality, control over\under staffing
- Processing Payments
- Train future managers when necessary
- Engage customers is positive dialogue to ensure return business and take and resolve any complaints from them
- Deal with customer complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Crisis management – promptly and knowledgeably solve any problems or issues that prevent a correct service flow.
- Ensure that all staff members comply with the safe food handling procedures. Supervise food preparation and cooking activities to ensure compliance with health and hygiene principles of the restaurant
- Assist restaurant management in developing and implementing core business and marketing plans
- Get acquainted with daily specials menu
- Train other employees when necessary
- Provide backup to trainees by offering excellent teaching and guidance
- Alert GM about unresolved issues with staff, customers, equipment, premises etc.
- Keep track of inventory and order supplies as needed
- Perform restaurant opening and closing activities
- Fluent in English
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
- Patience and customer-oriented approach
- Sociable, polite, courteous
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Sensitivity to Food Allergies/ Intolerances
- Teamwork, communicative, attentive
- Motivated, energetic, stress tolerance and
- Multi tasking, high awareness and attention to details
- Menu Knowledge (ingredients, allergies, availability, preparation)
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
*****In compliance with NYC’s Executive Order 225, beginning Wednesday, September 1st all of our locations will require proof of vaccination for indoor dining*****
Westville provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Thank you for your application. We will get back to you if we have any further questions.View the job opportunities list